-
Yay, Bran! Poi is correct! Sorry, stingger, I thought this one might be a bit more accessable to a cross cultural board. Guess I was wrong. **sigh**
It's an accompaniment type dish eaten in Hawaii and other South Pacific Islands. Supposed to be pretty bland.
Bran's turn.
-
Ok, hmmm, what dish? Let's try this:
This is a type of dessert easily made with a stale starch and ideally topped with a rum sauce.
-
Bread pudding, a personal fave.
-
Bread pudding ???
is this an official dish ?? I was thinking maybe bread and butter pudding which is bread butter with a custard sauce and sultans/raisins.
Or summer pudding as above but with mixed fruit ie raspberies,blackberries etc.
bread and rum ?????
-
Yep. Also a personal fave. Your turn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Bread pudding is real. I should get you a link, huh? Here's a basic recipe. http://www.pastrywiz.com/archive/recipe/0340.htm
Not sure how close it is to my mom's, but it's close enough. Mom makes a rum sauce to pour over the pudding. Adds that extra something. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Here's a picture. We never add nuts to the top of ours, but you get an idea of what it looks like. http://www.purecajun.com/graphics/breadpudd.jpg
<font color="#990000" size="1">[ April 29, 2003 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Branflakes ]</font>
-
My turn.
Flour, water, yeast. Can't make Bran's without mine.
-
Ooh! Can I play? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Bread is an easy one.
Let's see...
A pastry I very much want to learn how to prepare, made of raspberries and hazelnuts which is allowed to sit and mellow for days before serving.
-
Hi, Orenda!
I need to pull out some books before I can answer yours, but in the mean time, how ya' doing?
-
Apparently too much to come back...